It’s good to be back! Opening hours and food service times may vary. Check our Facebook page for our latest opening hours.
Why Our Pub is Great
The Tawny Owl in Balderton Newark is the ultimate family pub! Our 2-for-1 meals are served daily from a menu that includes pub classics and contemporary dishes. Modern facilities like an outdoor play area and disabled access make us a nice place to be for kids and grandparents alike. Details like bare brickwork and ceiling beams give us that warm and welcoming traditional pub feeling. When it’s fine, take a stroll out to the spacious patio area and eat al fresco while the kids blow off some steam.
Get started with a craft beer or a glass of your favourite wine. We have an extensive drinks selection that includes real ales, sparkling wines, and spirits. Want more choice? Our specials board is pretty impressive! There are around 20 dishes to choose from every day, and we're always coming up with fresh new ideas for you.
Speaking of treats, we’ve got plenty of sweet things to tempt you. If you need to make room, we can do you a dessert to take away.
Our Pub Facilities
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus